Jun 14, 2012

sleeping on the tramp.. and missing an old friend.

It's been almost two years since these pictures were taken and almost two years since Duke has been gone. I honestly didn't think I could love an animal that much. I miss him even today!

The reason for the pictures and the reminisce about this totally amazing dog is this...
Monday night the kids all wanted to sleep on the trampoline. I was fine with it but I had to have the bedroom window open so I could hear the kids all night long. Well, BO and Kodi chickened out about half an hour after lights went out. Rylee however wanted to stay, scared or not. She cried for about 5 minutes while I tried to convince her that she needed to sleep inside. She wouldn't have it. She bunched up in all her blankets and fell asleep. I was missing Duke at this point, because he always slept with the kids on the tramp and they never got scared and he wouldn't leave their side until the morning when they woke up to go inside.
I woke up at 1am to check on Rylee to make sure she was okay and Chopper was asleep right next to her just like the above picture. Chopper like Duke didn't leave Rylee's side until she came inside that morning. Bruiser on the other hand was inside his dog bed sleeping inside.
I truly believe Duke helped us find Chopper so we would be okay with his passing. Chopper is the exact same breed Duke was too. What an awesome mix they are!