Mar 16, 2010

Best device EVER made (well one of them)...

I have tried telling sooooo many moms about this baby right here. It has saved me so much head ache and trips to the doctor! This device right here, tells me how severe or not severe an ear infection really is. If the kids say their ears hurt, I just stick this thing in their ear, press the button and it tells me if it is an ear infection or not! I have had mine for about 3 years now and recommend it to EVERY mom out there! I got mine at "babies R Us" for I think around $40. I am so glad that I found it and it has been used on countless occasions, it even worked on Owen! It's rather funny, cause if he says his ear is bothering him and he wont go to the doctor, I just check it and he takes care of it, doctor and all! (:
*******************
How EarCheck® Works
The EarCheck® Middle Ear Monitor uses gentle sound waves to accurately and painlessly detect the presence of middle ear fluid, a key sign of an ear infection. This is the same patented and proven acoustic reflectometry technology used by thousands of physicians since 1997, and is a technique recommended by the American Academies of Pediatrics and Family Physicians.1Simply place the tip of EarCheck® into the child's outer ear canal and press the SCAN button; the monitor works by sending a pleasant chirping sound into the ear canal. Some of this sound bounces off the eardrum and travels back to the instrument's built-in microphone. EarCheck® then analyzes the reflected sound to determine if the eardrum is working normally. If there is fluid in the ear, the eardrum's vibrations may be restricted. The greater the fluid level, the greater the reflected sound. Within only seconds, you will be able to determine if your child has fluid in the middle ear.
*******************
Expert Opinion
"EarCheck® Middle Ear Monitor has led to closer monitoring of middle ear effusions, fewer unnecessary office visits, decreased antibiotic use and better follow up to ensure that the effusion resolves. We have the opportunity to dramatically improve the management of otitis media by working with parents in a new level of partnership."
Alan R. Greene, MD, FAAPPracticing Pediatrician

1 comments:

Mike and Jen Heder said...

Why did I not know about this. IM GETTING ONE. This is awesome. Thanks for sharing.