Jun 18, 2010

Hydronephrosis??

Alright, here is all is in a nut shell...
Sunday morning when I woke up, I thought I had developed a UTI, so I began to drink the entire bottle of cranberry juice (usually does the trick). We all got ready to church, including myself and Headed to church. About the time the water was passed around for the sacrament was about the time it hit me. I had to go #1 and right then. I waited til the sacrament was all over then ran to the restroom. Nothing happened and I about doubled over in pain. I poked my head in the chapel and asked Owen for the keys. I drove home, hoping that my bathroom would do the trick. I was there for about 10 minutes and decided that going back to Church wasn't a good option so I text Owen. We made arraignments to meet up at the entrance door about 5 minutes after I text him. As I started to drive, the pain got even worse and I could barley move. Owen and I decided it was best to get me checked out at the ER since I thought I was actually in labor. He drops me off to make arrangements for the kids and came back. They did ultrasounds, pain med and tests after tests after tests. Good news was the baby was great, no early labor and all the test were coming back really good. That didn't mean a thing to me since I could barley focus on what they were telling me. After the ultrasound results came back, they decided it was my right kidney causing all the fuss and diagnosed me with Hydronephrosis. They said that either my uterus or a stone had blocked my right ureter causing inflammation to my right kidney. They decided to keep me over night to keep me medicated and to watch my progress. The next day, I was in worse pain, so they called in another ultrasound. This time, the left kidney was starting to get inflamed. Owen made arrangements with my sister Jana to come get the kids for a few days and about the time that they got off the phone, the hospital decided it would be best to life flight me to St. George. The medics and nurses on Owens life flight team don't like transporting pregnant women, so without insurance the doctor agreed to allow my sister to drive me to the St. George hospital. Just before leaving, they medicated me so I couldn't even feel my toes. Jana drove my kids and I to St. George and I was monitored again for the next 12 hours and starved for about 20+ (NO GOOD). The hospital in St. George sent me to Radiology and did some more scans and then decided to starve me some more and send me into surgery (by the way... the results were it was all caused by my uterus, no stones). Long story short, Urologist decided on his own that the surgery would put me in more pain then anything and my OB decided that he didn't want to take the risk of putting me in pre term labor. They decided to let me go home and try some other techniques to help with the problem and what do you know... It worked (so far). I am off pain meds and am sleeping on my tummy with the help of about 7 pillows and no snuggling my handsome man at night. I go in for a fallow up on Wednesday to see if everything is working properly and we'll go from there.
Thanks everyone for all your prayers, blessings, help with the kids and Owen and just everything. I really don't know what they would have done without all your help! I had lots of help with the kids, my home was clean when I got home and I had meals delivered to us for a few nights! A very special thanks to my sister Jana who dropped everything to come get my kids, she even helped drop me off at the hospital, she kept my kids for the time I was in St. George and even brought me some panda express to eat. I really don't know what Owen and I would have done without your help, thanks again!

1 comments:

Madsen Family said...

I had heard you weren't feeling so well from Michele. Sounds like you had quite the run through to find out what the problem was! We love you guys and hope everything goes okay.