Oct 8, 2010

Turkey hunt

Owen the kids and I all went on the turkey hunt this past weekend. Owen was the only one with a tag, but next year I'm going to get one too. We went camping with our friends in the Kaibab national forest area. This hunt was awesome, minus the fact that only two people out of our group of 20'ish adults got a turkey and no, we were not one of the lucky two. We enjoyed the company of all the people in our group and the Kaibab I decided is an amazing place to hunt. It is beautiful! It is on the border of the Grand Canyon! So, the hunt like I mentioned above was lacking in the turkey department. We did see two on one day and heard some once on another day, but not a shot was fired by our guns. I honestly was okay with that since I would have been the one to gut and prepare the thing. I'm fine with doing that, I just wasn't in the mood this trip to do that! (; Owen on the other hand was a little put out... He's a little competitive! I can't wait til next year now, I know it's going to be lots of fun like it was this year!
All of us (minus Owen) with the family we went with
BO was an awesome shot with this little leaver action 22. He loved it and now we have Owen a little to excited for Christmas (yes, I believe that's what BO's getting, but shhhhh it's a secret!)
The younger three checking out this awesome view.

0 comments: