On Wednesday, I headed to Utah with the kids to see my amazing doctor that is located there. I saw my doctor on Thursday morning and then headed to the airport that night at around 6pm. I checked my luggage in, went threw security (yes by myself and with all three kids) and then headed to my gate to check us in. I arrived at the counter to find out that the flight was over booked and was told that I may have a chance, but I had to wait til boarding to find out witch was at 9:20pm (by the way, we fly standby-free threw Owens work). We waited and waited and waited just to find out that we were going to have to stay the night in Utah without any of our luggage. ): I called my mother in law Sheila and she was more then happy to come get us. We were told that the 7:20am flight had around 50 empty seats and that we would be able to, "for sure" get on. At around 4am I woke up to call the airlines to make sure that there were seats available. They told me that there were plenty, so I got the kids up, got them ready and Sheila drove us to the airport. We arrived to an overly crowded airport, went threw security and then went to the check in counter at our gate. The lady there assured me that we would be flying home on that flight. She gave us our tickets and tagged our stroller and we sat excited to get home (I also called my mother in law who had been waiting out in the parking lot for an hour to make sure we were going to fly, so she went home.). We stayed there for a good hour and a half. Five minutes from boarding, the counter lady that had given me my tickets walked up to me and told me that I would not be flying and that there was over 30 other standby people and they were priority over us. She then told me that there was no flight openings at all until possibly Monday but to just try Tuesday because Monday wasn't a for sure thing and than she said for me to go home. I was so mad, I told her that I was going HOME and she just walked off. I was so frustrated at this point that I just started crying. I know I'm a boob, but I hadn't had very much sleep, hadn't eaten anything in over 18 hours, no luggage, kids were driving my crazy and I just wanted to be at home. I called Sheila back (who was already at home) and she came and got us. As we were leaving the airport, she offered to drive us to St. George where it would only take Owen two hours to get us. My father in law Jeff actually drove us to Beaver, Utah and my older sister Jana picked us up there and drove us to St. George where we spent the day and then Brad (my brother in law) drove us part way to meet Owen late last night. Owen picked us up and now we are HOME!!! I know that was a really long story, but I just needed to post something of why I haven't posted for a few days and why I HATED THIS WEEK! (: Hope you had a better week then me!


3 comments:
Oh my gosh!!! That is horrible. I had some crappy stanby stories when I worked for the airlines, but that one takes the cake!!! Glad you made it home and I hope Owen spoils you today!
Wow!! Definetly a crazy week for you!!! With all the delays, the flying, and driving -- you might has well have driven in a crowded geo metro for 20 hours straight -- especially with kids!!! Hope your Valentines Day, is much more relaxing!!
So rough. I hope you have a better time next time.
Post a Comment