There has been a whole lot of this going on here, so we have been stuck in doors. I have gotten LOTS of well needed scrapbooking done though.
I have started giving my kids some kind of structure. I now make them get up at 8am and get them ready for the day. They are so grumpy when I wake them up, but I'm hoping they'll get used to it REALLY quick! They usually stay in bed anywhere between 9 and 10am. They are really starting to get out of control when we're at home and at places, so we are making them have more structure. They now have an exact bed time, wake up time, dinner time (whether dad's home or not) and they have to sit down for an hour a day, during Kodi's nap doing some kind of activity (to slow them down a bit). I'm really hoping that this helps.
I've been doing dinner when dad gets home, letting them get up when they are good and ready, doing activities with them (while the little menus is up) and letting them go to bed when Owen and I go to bed, but that is stopping! Nothing like a good string of wet weather to get me motivated. Keep your fingers crossed!!! (:






2 comments:
good luck. I can't imagine what that is like quite yet, but I bet you will be happier when the "dust" settles. f
I have heard from a friend of mine who has read all about this, and it is a very successful thing in their home. She has a large brew, and they are all behaved very well. She says you have to stay on top of it, and after awhile they learn what is expected. I think I tend to be to spontaneous in things, and therefore this is a challenge for me. I think what is hard is staying on top of it.
Post a Comment