Feb 18, 2010

For the sake of questions and answers!


Yes, I am pregnant for those of you who don't know yet. My due date currently is August 28th. I think It's going to move a week or two sooner though, we'll see. I went to my first appointment and that didn't help anything with me finding anymore information out than I already knew. To explain why I think I'm due sooner (then maybe you'll all agree) is... I didn't menstruate normal since that dang IUD (copper). I would start, go two or three days stop, then go again two weeks later! I was going crazy trying to know when I was ovulating. I did have a round about date that I was trying to go off of when I was the "heaviest" and that would be the 21st. Well, I was feeling pregnant most of November and then on the10th of December, I went in to see my doctor so he could see what the heck was wrong with me. He told me that I'm all kinds of messed up and than he did an ultrasound to verify what he thought. He said that I had thickening of the uterine wall and that with a DNC he could fix it and that I have an enormous amounts of cysts. well, he gave me a prescription for fertility to see if that would help fix some of the problems I was having. Once I got home I started feeling more and MORE pregnant (I did hold off on the fertility too). I decided to wait a few days to find out. By the 15th, I couldn't wait a day longer. I took a test and it said "POSITIVE". I called the Doctor to see if any of the tests he took would say a positive also and he said that with all my problems, he didn't put check for baby on any of the tests. He also said that at my appointment when he did the ultrasound, I could have been pregnant then and that would explain why there was the thickening of the uterine wall. So there you have it. My due date is going off of the 21st as being the last day of my period, so I still had about a week before I really could have been able to find out. I have no other dates to go off of so that's it until my ultrasound! Complicated, I KNOW!!!

Anyway, we are totally thrilled and hope that the rest of the pregnancy goes smoothly!
(Going off that due date, right now I am 13 weeks along)

3 comments:

bryce and paige said...

CONGRATULATIONS! WoW!! That is the best news. Can't wait to hear more updates; we are so happy for you guys!

Brenda E said...

That's awesome and can sure get confusing as well.

Mat and Brittena said...

SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!! Keep us posted. We miss you guys tons!! Hopefully sometime we will make it out that way for a visit!!