Oct 5, 2011

Fun weekend....

(I cannot edit any of my blog or move any of my pictures, so it is what it is, sorry!)

This past weekend Owens Mom Sheila, his brother Bridger and our three nieces Alora, Elena and Joclyn and our nephew Haydon came to visit us. It is always so nice to see family, especially when we have so much fun together. We went to the lake on Friday and on Saturday we went to the "Out of Africa" wildlife reserve. It's located in Camp Verde, Arizona almost three hours away from where we live. I thought it was way worth the trip and the cost. The kids got to get up close and personal with a tiger by feeding in steak. They got to pet a HUGE raticulated pythyon. They even got to pet and feed a camel and giraffe on the 40 minute safari ride. I was very impressed with all the interaction. (:


This hyena was one of two in the park. We were suppose to watch a bear swim show but it got switched to the hyena swim show. It still want all that bad. They showed how and why they laugh and the same for why they "moo" like a cow. Really they do! (: They got in the water and played around a bit too.


This tiger was one of I think 14 tigers in the zoo. This one was the least visible and active... Still more then I've seen at other zoo's.


This tiger just sat like this watching everyone walk by. Probably thinking, "to skinny, to fast, to small, to big.....!" lol


This bear was one of two in the park. He was giving himself a nice back scratch on the fence.


Here is our niece Joclyn petting the giraffe on the safari ride. I think the giraffe would hive climbed in the bus if he would have fit!




Here is Rylee and our niece Elena feeding the giraffe.


The crazy bus driver giving the camel a kiss. I think Tylar was looking at him like he was nuts! YUCK!




Tylar making faces at me for taking pictures of her. What a stinker!


A tiger on it's perch... All the cats in the park at some point of the day were up there.


BO chillin with Tylar in her stroller.


The crew


Kodi, Elena and Haydon checking out the Lemar


Rylee, BO, Haydon and Alora checking out one of the tigers.


BO, Alora, Rylee, Haydon and Elena petting the python.


Tylar's "cheese" face! (:


Another shot of the snake and kids.


Tylar checking out all the people holding the snake.


The hyena


Rylee feeding the tiger


Kodi feeding the tiger


BO's turn to feed the tiger


Rylee checking out the tiger



Such a beautiful cat! (:

If you are in the area of this park, I highly recommend it especially if you haven't ever gone before! (: We missed some of the shows, but I believe they do 2-4 different shows a day and the petting snake thing was included and the 40 minute safari was included in the entrance fee. Feeding the tiger was $5 for two kids, but the kids thought it was the coolest thing in the entire world. The best time to hit this park is September on. I believe it is 1/2 price and it's not hot as hell out side either! (: Oh.... They do have other animals at the park like lions and rinos and such.

1 comments:

Heidi Stankiewicz said...

That looks really fun!! Never even heard of it!