Jan 16, 2012

update...

Sorry for the lack of posts. I have been pretty busy/overwhelmed lately. I've got our foster care paper work FINELY moving again and that takes up loads of time. I am the first counselor in the Young Women's organization for our church. I was called to help organize and put together our stake women's conference for September for our church too and we have weekly meetings. Not to mentions last Saturday (a little over a week ago) I was sewing a blanket and the needle kept on breaking. Every time it broke, the threat would stay attached to one side of the needle and the other part in the machine. I adjusted everything multiple times to get it to finely work and after the fifth time, the very tip of the needle broke, flew into my eye and lodged itself in my eye ball. There was blood and all sort of fun stuff involved, so Owen and I decided (very quickly) to go into the E.R. to get some professional help. While there they removed the medal tip, gave me a tetanus shot, did lots of looking into my eye with their little machine and gave me lots of different eye drops for numbing, anti biotics, and dye purposes and then sent me on my way until Monday morning. Monday I went into the opthamologist and he dilated my eyeris to see if the tip or anything else went clear threw my eye and he found that my eye was perfect on the inside so all should be good.

My eye was tender to light, I had a constant head ache from the pressure of my eye ball, but other than that it's healing nicely and just itches now. (: I took day by day pictures of my eye... Enjoy! Lol

About 3 hours after it happened:



Day two:


Day 3:


This was also day 3 when the doctor dilated my eyeris. It looked pretty creepy, felt pretty creepy and just plain weird!


Day 4:


Day 5:


I forgot day 6, so this is day 7:



The End! (:

1 comments:

Heidi Stankiewicz said...

Ouchhhhhhhhhhh Bree!!! That freaks me out and makes my eyes water & hurt!! :)