Apr 6, 2009

The "Egg hunt"

Before I go onto what our "Egg hunt" is all about, let me first just saw that yesterday was lots of fun. The morning session of conference, was touching and I loved and enjoyed all the speakers again. I had no interruptions and got to listen to the entire thing. For the afternoon session, we went to our friends Matt and Britt's house for a pot luck lunch. I didn't really pay to much attention to what the speakers said, but got bits and pieces (I was just having to much fun with the company and the kids! (: ). When I got home, I pulled the afternoon session up on the laptop and watched the whole thing while I made cards. I am so glad that I took the time to re-watch it, because I got sooo much out of all of the talks given. Again, I am so grateful for the opportunity that I had to watch all the General authorities/apostles and the Prophet speak. They are truly people of God! (:
OK, now on to the "Egg hunt" and some other funny stories that happened today.
This morning, I got up at 7am (that is really early for this house hold) got ready for the day and got the kids up and did the same for them. We headed to Wal-mart to get some plastic eggs and some little treats to go inside them for our ward Easter Egg hunt. In the parking lot outside Wal-Mart, a little man and his wife asked if I would help jump start there car. Rylee asked what I was doing and I told her that I was going to help start the mans car cause it had died. She looked at me really funny and said, "Why doesn't he bury it and get a new one mom?" kids these days!!! I started the mans car and went on my way to the park where the ward gathering was going to be held. I pulled up to the park and start loading the eggs with the treats and Rylee (being the talkative one this morning) asked, "why are you putting the treats in the eggs?" I told her that we had to do that so they wouldn't know what was in there (exactly) when they go hunt the eggs. This next comment shocked the heck out of me when she said, "but if we shoot them mom, than we can't eat the candies." Needless to say, I explained what an Easter egg hunt is and then she was OK with it. The kids ALL had a blast and can't wait to have another egg hunt. (:


2 comments:

wattysgurl said...

oh... your kids are getting so big. I miss you guys.. we need to get together to do something sometime.. I wish we would have gotten to know each other way before you left. Your family is so adorable.

Brenda E said...

I love the innocents of children. I wanted to take my children to that Easter Egg Hunt and forgot about it. Then remembered it when it was too late.