These three are of Owen
Bridger (Owen's brother) was in town for a few day. Yesterday they went biking and hiking for the day while the kids and I took a short trip to St. George to get provisions from Costco. Owen and Bridger had a great time trying to kill my poor baby Duke while on their little excursions. He's fine, just at one point Owen ended up carrying him out of the canyon on his shoulders. The guys seemed like they had a blast.
On the other hand....
I did NOT! I went to St. George like I said before, hung out with my sisters (Jana, Erika and Sierra) for a while, then headed to Costco where the REAL fun began. I get there, get all the way threw the line and get told that they can't take the "new account checks" or debit cards without a pin number. Let me just explain... When we moved to Page, we had to go with a whole new bank. Then They don't give you a pin until you get your card and physically walk in the bank and punch it in. I have only had my card for a day at this point. Well, it is partially my fault too, since I did have real checks and forgot to grab them when I left home. Ok, now back to the story. So, I have to leave my cart there to figure out a way to get cash with NO pin. I tried some other ways and they all failed. Brad, my wonderful brother in law, came to my rescue and brought me some cash (and I wrote him a check) and was able to get me groceries. Now, it doesn't stop there... NO... I get back on the road at 8 and have a lovely blow out mid way between Hurricane and Ferdonia. Once my tire is fixed, My Tahoe wont start (we've been having issues with the battery for a few months now and it's really killing me now). This really cute family pulled over and helped me change the tire and jump my car. They even fallowed me the rest of the way to Ferdonia, cause I'm special and he could tell (I'm sure)!!! In Ferdonia, I decided that maybe I should call Owen and let him know that I'm going to be a bit late. I started looking for my phone and realized that I had it in my back pocket when I was changing the tire and that it had fallen out. So, the whole rest of the way home, I'm just waiting for a deer or a cow to jump out in front of me to top off my wonderful day! Thank goodness nothing like that happened and I made it home just fine. So, with the bank issue, Tahoe issues and the dang phone to top it off, we are home and not planning another trip, for a few weeks anyway, but Owen will be with us then!










3 comments:
Man! No kiddin' you had a ROUGH day! Glad you are home, and hopefully get a break from the eventful happenings.
Could you email me all the details you have about this year's river rafting trip? heatherjpark@gmail.com
In particular, we don't know how much it is, due by when, and whether we can invite some friends to come along, as well. Thanks!
Oh my Gosh! That is a terrible trip. Glad you made it home without anything else happening!!!
BTW, I got those cutouts. Thanks so much for doing them. You are too sweet!
Miss Ya!
What a nightmare on Elm Street. Sounds like some of the crazy things that would would happen to me. It's hard to imagine it could get any worse.
Post a Comment