These stupid tomato bugs were found in our garden having a lovely meal out of our tomato plants. I wasn't to keen on letting them enjoy themselves, so we plucked them off the bushes and I tried several different remedies to kill the nasty buggers and tried figuring out what would do the trick without killing or harming the plant. I tried garlic, Palmolive soap, salt, chili powder, borax, olive oil and veg. oil. the soap didn't kill the worm, but made it not eat anything and shriveled the tomato leaves. The oils actually killed the worms but made the plant leaves go clear and all the other ones made the worms eat the plants even faster. The ones that actually killed the worms weren't so good on the plant. We'll just have to keep checking the plants every now and again to make sure we got rid of them like Jeff said to do. (;

0 comments:
Post a Comment