What to do with so many tomatoes when I've already made 30 jars of salsa...
Jar them! (: I decided to jar the tomatoes for my soups and chilies that always call for canned tomatoes. I also thought it would be a good idea for food storage if I ever need to make spaghetti sauce or ketchup. It was my first time jarring tomatoes and I think it was rather easy to do too!
Our freezer door didn't get shut the other night and everything on the bottom shelve thawed out (still very cold just not frozen). So I browned 3lbs ground beef, cooked two roasts, and made jerky from an elk roast and make chicken stir fry with the chicken and veggies that thawed. I am very glad that everything else was okay. I was freaking out a little when I first saw it, but Owen cooled me down. Thanks honey!!! (: Now I have most every dinner made for the rest of the week! ;)

0 comments:
Post a Comment