Today I took the kids with a friend of mine from the ward, Holly and her son Carter on a tadpole hunt. It was rather frustrating because Owen found the place while on a mountain biking excursion and gave me directions from what he remembered. We first went to the wrong place, but soon got back in the Tahoe and went to the right location. I am a dork and tried to take the stroller but, soon emptied it and left it by a bush while we tried to locate the tadpole pond. It wasn't that far of a hike, we just followed the dried up river bed and soon found a small shaded area with water. There were hundreds of tadpoles of all sizes. We could hear the adult frogs near by croaking. Holly and I, I think had more fun than the kids. We were the ones picking out which ones we were going to take home and the kids just watched us and played in the water. We brought home about 5 and than I discovered that I also brought home 4 little tiny snails! Oh, they are so cute!!! (; Anyway, it was so much fun to get out and enjoy the outdoors anyway.
Holly and Carter
If you look really hard, right where the hill comes to a point in the center, you can see the wild donkeys! (Maybe click on the picture and it will be bigger?)








1 comments:
Thanks again for the fun time! I discoverd some tiny snails too! How fun!
Post a Comment