One of Owen and my favorite things to eat when we go to Red Lobster is there amazing garlic cheese biscuits. Although they are probably REALLY fattening, I thought I would try to make some... They were a success and I think I found trouble! OOPS!
Garlic cheese biscuits
(like the ones served at "red lobster")
Here are two different recipes that I have tried....
#1 choice
Ingredients
Ingredients
1 3/4 c all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
5 tbs butter
1 c milk
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 c butter, melted
1 garlic clove, minced
Directions
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C)
In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center of flour mixture. Add the milk and cheddar cheese; stir to combine. Drop batter by spoonfuls onto an un-greased baking sheet.
Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until lightly browned. While biscuits are baking mix melted butter and minced garlic. Brush over hot baked biscuits.
Amount per serving: Cal:191 total fat:12.3g Cholesterol:34mg
#2 choice
Ingredients
2 c all purpose flour
3 tsp garlic powder, divided
2-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp chicken bouillon granules
1/2 c butter flavored shortening
3/4 c shredded cheddar cheese
1 c buttermilk
3 tbs butter, melted
Directions
In a small bowl, combine the flour, 2 tsp garlic powder, baking powder, baking soda and bouillon; cut in shortening until mixture is crumbly. Add cheese. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened.
Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 1 inch apart onto a non stick baking sheet. Bake at 450 degrees F for 9-11 minutes. Combine the butter and remaining garlic powder; brush over baked biscuits. serve warm.


1 comments:
Dude, just tried that first recipe. YUM! Thanks for posting it because they were delicious and I can actually find those ingredients here. :)
Post a Comment