Jul 14, 2008

busy week!!

We all went to Utah on Monday night really late. We ended up getting out of Vegas at 10pm and then at about 10:30, we had a blow out on our brand new trailer we hadn't even had a day yet! We waited on the side on the road for a little over two hours waiting for my parents to bring us a new tire (they were in town for their anniversary). We got back on the road at 1am and then started our REALLY long drive to Salt Lake. We arrived at Owens mom's house at 7:30 in the morning. I ended up driving the whole way to Utah. Let me start by saying, that I will never try to attempt that again! I think I almost fell asleep 600 times. lol When we got to Sheila's, I got some things un-packed and got the kids dressed and ready to go to their doctor appointment to get their shots (NO, I didn't get to go to bed!). While I was at the doctor, I ran into my sister Elicia. She was there with her kids for the two week after having baby appointment. That was the first time that I had seen Mersades. She looks just like her dad.

(In the pictures, there is Elicia with her kids. The next one in Mersades, and the last one is Kris with the kids in the delivery room.)

Anyway, after the kids got their shots, Owen and his dad took Rylee and Bo for the day and I spent the rest of the day with Elicia at her house, shopping and the doctors. I don't think I have had a day like that with her in a really long time. It was nice to spend time with her! The next day, Owen and I ran around to different stores to get things ready for the river trip. Later that night, Owen, the kids and I all went out to eat with our really, really good friends Pete and Keri. It was a lot of fun to see them. The kids fell asleep while we were all eating, it was really funny!


On Thursday morning, we were on our way to Wyoming to go camping and do some river rafting. On our drive and the entire trip, I realized how much I miss Green!!! I saw beautiful wild flowers, bald eagles and all kids of other wild life. On my first trip down the river we caught a frog and took it back to camp to show the kids. They all loved it!


The temperature while camping (I don't think) ever got hotter then 80! Our camp had over 65 people in it and everyone had such a wonderful time, most of us got depressed when it actually came time to go home! All in all, the river trip was a BLAST and I can't wait til next year!


0 comments: