Wow... It rained today for about 20-30 minutes. The reason this time was so worth the entry is that it flooded all the streets where I live and the flood zones where ZONED OUT! After it rained, Owen called and wanted me to go visit him with the kids at his work at the air port. On my way there, I noticed that the flood ways were way full and spilling over the over pass. I didn't think much of it, except holy cow that was alot of water! I drove around the corner and WOW... More water! It wasn't just still water or even slow moving water. In alot of the places, it was rushing! I noticed cars were stuck in the water and trucks and suv's were getting threw it fine, so I went threw too. I could have probably stuck my hand out the window and touched the water! It went a little past my door (up).
(just under the light is where the water started and right behind my Tahoe is where it ended and it was headed <-- way! About in the middle it was REALLY deep. I wish I would have gotten better pictures of all the water, but this is it! There was a cop not letting anyone completely cross this water, to deep I guess.)
(This one isn't that clear, but on the way home from Owen's work, there was huge rocks and dirt and tree/plants all over the road where the water was. This picture was taken where the first picture was taken just the opposite direction-minus the cars!
(Here is Owen giving the kids a tour of a helicopter at his work. I think our kids are obsessed with helicopters, I don't know why?? lol)




0 comments:
Post a Comment