Today was just one of those days for me. There was really only one BIG thing and several small things. I won't bore you with the small things, but the BIG thing, I might enlighten you with!
The kids and I went to a park and lunch with Owen today before he had to go to work. When I was pulling in to our driveway after our little play time, I put the Tahoe in park and started cleaning a few things of garbage that were around me. I left the car running and got out and then started really cleaning the Tahoe. When I finally was finished, I ended up at the passenger side. I reached over to the key ignition and turned off the Tahoe and pulled the key out, at witch point the Tahoe started to roll really fast backwards! I jumped back in the passenger side and reached for the brake with my hand (this whole jumping and reaching thing, totally bruised every bit of my body!!!). When the Tahoe finally stopped, my neighbor (who I almost hit) came running to the drivers side to help me with the emergency brake. I was really panicked because I thought Rylee was standing behind the Tahoe when it started to roll backwards (the bad thing was I wasn't worried about the neighbor!). Rylee ended up being by the front door, so I was OK, just really shook up and my Adrenalin wouldn't let up for a long time after that. Not something I really want to happen everyday. Just in case you are wondering what happened to make the Tahoe roll backwards..... I did put the Tahoe in park, the thing that happened was it wasn't all the way in park, so it slipped into neutral and I'm not in the habit of putting any vehicles emergency brake on (I'm fixing that)! CRAZY!!!

3 comments:
I am so glad that you didn't hit Rylee or you neighbor. I don't think I would have been worried about my neighbor either if I was worried about my daughter. Thanks for sharing about the emergency brake, maybe I should start using mine too.
Man, that is super scary. I'm so glad that everything turned out alright.
That same sort of thing happened to Brad when he took the kids to that gas station that he likes to go to. He went to go into the store just to get a drink and as he was barely walking away from the car it started rolling but it stopped just in time to hit their cart they use for wiping down the cars after they're washed and luckly no one go hurt. The license plate got bent up a little but a couple hundred dollars later in dammage to their pole and we were good. Since then, we make sure to put the car in park especially if we walk away from it with the car still running. I'm glad though that nothing happened but a few bruises from you jumping across the inside to break it. How long did it take for you heart to calm back down?
Post a Comment