Mar 28, 2008

My children are going to be the death of me!

Oh boy, is this going to be something interesting for me to tell about! I know it is rather late, but I'm having a really hard time falling asleep, so I have decided to tell everyone the scary event that happened to me just now! So, I put the kids to bed and started the "Harry Potter -Goblet of fire" movie. Of course, the kids didn't go strait to bed, they played in their dark room for a while. They usually just go strait to bed after they realize, Owen or myself are not going to come in. I finished my movie, put Kodi in her crib and let the dogs in. I had a really strong feeling that I should check on the kids to make sure they were in their beds and to make sure they were covered with some sort of blanket. I first noticed that the blinds were a mess and up on a slant, then I noticed Bo was in the fetal position on his bed with no clothes or blanket on. I didn't want to wake him, so I just threw a blanket over him and then went to check on Rylee. I noticed that the blind string was leading over to her, so I figured she had tied it to the bed or something. To explain, Bo and Rylee share a bunk bed... Rylee on top and Bo on the bottom! Well, The blind string was tied around her neck and in a knot, So tight in a matter of speaking that when I untied it, it made a really deep red mark! Yeah...When I saw it, my heart stopped and I just about quit breathing! I thought she was dead by the position she was in. She looked like she had tried to untie it herself and failed, so she decided to prop the pillow up and try to go to sleep sitting up, with her head kind of kinked. I don't know what would have happened if I didn't go check on them when I did. I now have the string tied in a knot so she or Bo cant get to it! I'm still trying to get my heart rate to drop back to normal, and to quit shaking! I don't know what I am going to do with her. She is in this really weird stage where she likes to tie things around her neck! AAHHHH, I'm going to drive myself crazy thinking about what could happen now!

1 comments:

Shannon Allen said...

Holy Cow! Good thing you followed that little voice in your head and went and checked on the kids!

I need all your suggestions on how to deal with 3 kids. I'm going crazy! You and Jana seem to have it down so well!