Mar 28, 2008

Sunset beauty!


Rylee and I had the opportunity to go on a helicopter ride to the Grand Canyon this evening with Owen. He had two extra seats that needed to be filled, so he called me last minute to get there and fill them. I got Bo and Kodi ready to go to our friends Mike and Heidi's house, while Rylee and I went on our tour. Owen is such a wonderful pilot! I know it sounds bad cause I'm his wife, but he really is. Rylee was so excited to get in the helicopter. She's been dying to ride in one since we moved here, and has not had the chance to go in one. You could totally tell by her expression on her face that she was really excited to be there. There were four other people in the helicopter with us, Three of them were from Canada and the other one was from England. They
were really friendly! Anyway, here is some pictures of our ride! (:
The whole ride was video taped by a camera mounted to the top of the windshield. There is a small TV screen that shows what the camera is recording, so the whole trip to the Canyon, Rylee was watching it. She didn't like the headset on either, so she was the only one that didn't have one on. I tried to tell her that there was music and she could listen to her daddy talk, but she didn't want them on. Goofy kid!!!
There is a small spot in the Grand Canyon, where all the helicopter pilots land to let their passengers walk around and then have a small picnic (provided by the pilots). Owen took Rylee down a ways on a trail to see the rocks and the Colorado river.
I have to tell you... When we arrived there, Rylee told me that she needed to go to the bathroom. There is NO bathrooms there, just bushes. She I start hiking towards some bushes and she starts pointing to every plant I past and said, "Wait mom... Stop, there is a bush! NO, STOP!!!! I was laughing so hard by the time that I finally got to the bush I wanted her to go in.(: As soon as she got her skirt and panties off, she just started to pee. She didn't even squat, so it was all down her legs. I just cleaned her off and laughed! She is doing so well with no accidents still! (:
With the picnic snacks, they get served Champagne in plastic champagne glasses. Owen gave Rylee some sprite in one and she loved it. She told me to take it home for her. In the picture with Owen in it, she shoved a cookie in her mouth so I could take the picture without having to take the cookie away!
She loved hiking around on all the rocks!
Here is the beautiful Sunset that Rylee slept through. (:

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh, Bree, those are so fun! What a cool experience! Rylee is so cute! Her and Kaley would be cute friends!

Miriam H said...

Wow that picture of the sunset is beautiful!