This morning at 2:30am while I was sleeping, Rylee jumped out of bed and ran to her bathroom. It startled me, so I woke up. I went to see what she was doing when she was in there for 10 minutes. First off, let me tell you that we are ALL still sick (excluding Owen). I had Owen and our home teacher Matt give Rylee a blessing last night cause she was sooo bad, I'm talking not even coherent! Anyway, she was crying on the toilet. She said that she hurt all over, so I gave her some Motrin and some mucinex both of witch took me 10 minutes a piece to give her. After giving her the mucinex, she threw up all over me. After that, she finely went back to sleep. I rubbed some infant Vick's all over her chest and throat. I was doing everything I could think of to help her sleep better. I even tried both of our humidifiers (cold and hot) and BOTH weren't working for me... I was going nuts at this point, so I threw some clothes and shoes on and drove to Wal-mart and picked up two new ones (cold and hot). Can I just take this opportunity to tell all of you that I LOVE that Wal-mart is 24 hours and that I hate going there in the late dark hours! They had 3 cop cars in front of the entrance arresting some prostitutes! Anyway, I went home plugged one of the humidifiers in the kids room and FINELY at 4:45am went back to bed. I can't tell you how tired I am today, but with all that effort, Rylee is doing some what better today. She's at least coherent, walking around and eating lots of popsicles. I'm really ready for this nasty season to be over and done with. Aren't you?


1 comments:
Right there with ya!! Sounds like exactly what went through our house -- the CROUP -- and it is so FUN cuz everyone just has to work over the viral infection. I feel so bad for the kids, all you can do is keep the fever down, run the humidifiers, and wait. Hope you all get over it soon. If you need anything let me know!!
Post a Comment