Jun 12, 2008

Frog update

Rylee came walking up the stairs really upset just now holding one of the three frogs. She said, it was dead and that Duke (our dog) ate it! I keep the frogs up really high on our shelf, so I was a little confused to here the news. I went down stairs to see how the heck the frog got out. To my not so surprised self, I found the entire cage on the floor! She had pushed a stool over to the counter and climbed on top of the counter, then reached up and got the cage down from off the cabinet. Little stinker, so now we only have 2 frogs!
Anyway, The other day while Rylee and Bo were watching Bambi, Rylee asked me why Bambi was sad (it was the part where his mom gets killed and he's looking for her). I explained to Rylee that his mom had been shot by the hunters and died. I didn't think she totally understood what I was trying to explain to her, so I dropped it. Boy..... Was I just proved WRONG!!! She totally understood every bit of what I was telling her. She keeps telling me, that her frog is dead and that Duke is a really bad dog because he ate it. I can only imagine the elaborate story Owen gets tonight when he walks in the door. (;

0 comments: